LipSurf Inc. ("LipSurf") is very serious and especially careful about your personal privacy and the materials we send you using your contact information. We understand our users trust that we keep their data safe and don't use any data irresponsibly.
We don't collect user data with any intention of profiting from the data by selling or sharing with third parties. Any data collected is solely used for improving LipSurf internally.
What data is being collected?
We collect the following data (“Personal Information”):
- How many times you "activate" LipSurf (by clicking the LipSurf Chrome Extension button in the toolbar).
- The names of the commands that you run, and how many times you've run them.
- The exact phrasing you used to execute the command is not collected. (eg. for the Google search command, we only record that you ran a Google search, not what you searched for. We will never know what you specifically searched for.)
- The page you run the command on is not collected.
- Things you say before or after the command are not collected.
- Errors that occur when you use LipSurf are collected and sent to us along with your e-mail (if you've provided it). Errors contain only the relevant contextual information to find and fix the bug that may have occurred.
- (optional) Custom homophones, synonyms or shortcuts that you've created and elected to share the data with us on.
What happens in the event of a change of ownership?
Who is collecting the data?
We only take in the minimum data we need to improve LipSurf. We don’t give or sell data to any third parties. Your data may be transferred to a new owner in case of a change of ownership of LipSurf itself (see above).
How will the data be used?
We use your e-mail (if provided) to determine if bugs and or commands are occurring in aggregate among many users. We use the data about the commands you've used and how many times you've activated LipSurf to make LipSurf better fit demands and needs. We may potentially use your e-mail for marketing purposes, although we've not done this yet. You may unsubscribe from our marketing e-mails at any time, although it’s unlikely that you’ll need to because we don’t really send any marketing e-mails.
How long will the data be stored for?
The number of times you activate LipSurf and the names of the commands you run are stored for up to 30 days.
We keep your e-mail on file indefinitely. You can send us an e-mail anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org to irreversibly erase your account (e-mail address). You will receive confirmation from us to proceed with the process.
Cookies are very small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit some websites.
We use a combination of session cookies and persistent cookies in order to track how you use and experience our website, build anonymous statistical data about how our website is performing, and to power the personalization of website content to you.